WWW.THESIS.DISLIB.INFO
FREE ELECTRONIC LIBRARY - Online materials, documents
 
<< HOME
CONTACTS



Pages:   || 2 |

«16.42 OPEN SESSION The Chairman opened the meeting and invited comments for the Open Session. Yvonne Seaton, on behalf of the WI, spoke of their ...»

-- [ Page 1 ] --

Four Marks Parish Council

Minutes of the Full Council

Wednesday 16th March 2016 commencing at 7.30pm

At the Village Hall, Four Marks

MEMBERS PRESENT: Cllr Janet Foster (Chairman) Cllrs Tim Brake, John

Hammond, David Mills, Derek Seaton, Simon Thomas and

Anne Tomlinson

IN PART: Cllr I Thomas, Cllr D Jackson (District Councillor)

ATTENDING: Sarah Goudie (Clerk), 1 member of the public

APOLOGIES: Cllr Kellie Knight

16.42 OPEN SESSION The Chairman opened the meeting and invited comments for the Open Session.

Yvonne Seaton, on behalf of the WI, spoke of their desire to plant 90 bulbs on the grass verges on the entrances to the Village in commemoration of the Queen’s 90th Birthday. However they had been informed by Highways that they require a Licence to Cultivate and £10,000,000 Public Liability Insurance. She asked if the Parish Council would be prepared to apply for the Licence from Hampshire County Council, and for the Parish Council to cover them to carry out the planting as desired. It was agreed that the Parish Council would apply for the licence to cover all grass verges in Four Marks, and confirmed that the planters would be covered by the Parish Council’s public liability insurance. The WI were thanked for their Community Involvement.

Cllr Brake signed his Declaration of Acceptance of Office and joined the meeting.

The Chairman closed the Open Session at 7.40pm. Standing orders were applied.

16.43 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE Cllr Kellie Knight sent belated apologies for not attending the meeting due to illness, the Chairman accepted her late apology. Cllr Ingrid Thomas had sent her apologies for the first part of the meeting due to a clash of meetings at Penns Place. Cllr Deborah Jackson had also sent her apologies for the same reason.

16.44 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST There were no declarations of interest received.

16.45 COUNCIL MINUTES  The Minutes of the Full Council meeting held on Wednesday 17th February 2016, were proposed as a true record by Cllr Tomlinson, seconded by Cllr S Thomas, and signed by the Chairman.

 Matters arising:

o Cllr S Thomas asked if there was any further update on last month’s matters arising to see if any progress had been made on locating the water pipe under the Lymington Bottom/A31 junction, the Clerk confirmed that the map she had did not show it. However Cllr Mills had been in conversation with a local resident who thought they knew of its location and he agreed to speak further to them and see if it could be located.

o Speed watch signs. No further progress on this as Highways had not responded to the Clerk’s request and Mr Pullen had not been back in touch, the Clerk agreed to speak to him to progress.

16.46 PLANNING  A summary report on the Planning Committee Meeting on Wednesday 2nd March 2016 was given by Cllr S Thomas, the Planning Committee Chairman, on the following key

issues:

- Land to rear of 1-3 Gloucester Close. Despite major objections, which had been summarised for the Chairman to speak at Committee and Mr Shakespeare’s very detailed submission, the Reserve Matters had been approved. However there was a condition that all permitted development rights are removed. Cllr Hammond queried how this is monitored. This information is recorded in the Planning Department, however it was noted that these conditions are sometimes missed and reliant upon knowledgeable members of the general public to raise concerns where applicable.

- 89 Winchester Road, a small permitted development application, however concern was raised that the plans did not show the new dwelling on the land to the rear of the property therefore a true reflection had not been shown.

- 68/70 Lymington Bottom Road. A Medstead application of a cul-de-sac and back land development, which the Parish Council are objecting to in full support of neighbours and Medstead Parish Council to ensure that this application is refused and attempt to prevent setting a precedent.

- 100 Winchester Road. Four dwellings had been granted permission, however the developer was able to remove need to provide Developers Contributions, which was of grave concern, and what was even more worrying, no-one had a right to see the viability report, which did not have to be disclosed

- Cllr I & S Thomas attended a Devolution workshop at the HCC offices, but as the situation is changing daily, what was reported then is now ‘out of date’. The main concerns were that this is just a way of devolving services down to Parish level that the Local Authority can no longer afford to provide. It was still hoped that Cllr Roy Perry would be able to speak at the APM next month, and would hopefully have an update at that time.

 Planning Application: Reference: 25256/036, variation of Condition 23 to Planning Permission 25256/032, Land at Friars Oak Farm, Boyneswood Road, Medstead As this is an administrative change to reflect the Government relaxing the requirements to adhere to the code for sustainable homes, it was agreed that no further comment need to be made.

 Planning Application: Reference: 31790/001, detached dwelling with detached garage after demolition of existing dwelling and outbuildings.

No objection.

16.47 OPEN SPACE A summary report on the Open Space Committee Meeting on Wednesday 2nd March was given by Cllr Tomlinson, the Open Space Chairman as per the circulated Minutes.





Cllr Tomlinson confirmed Friday 25th March as the official planting day for the hedging /tree plants supplied by the Woodland Trust, and asked for all available to attend, tea and cakes would be provided. The Clerk was asked to check what equipment should be brought. The Clerk also confirmed that a meeting had been scheduled at Charles Church to talk about protective fencing and provision of a formal access onto the Recreation Ground.

- Cricket. A meeting for formally wind up the Four Marks Cricket Club had now taken place. The Clerk had prepared a cheque for the container and agreement had been reached for the donation of the equipment to the Parish Council. The Clerk had one key to the container and would ask for any other keys to be sent to the Parish Council on receipt of the cheque. The Clerk would get the machinery serviced ready for use and the key to the container would be held by the Parish Council and Groundsman. All clubs would need to go through the groundsman for use of the equipment. Details to be discussed further at the Open Space meeting.

Alton Cricket Club would be using the pitch to play ‘colts’ cricket this year, for a fee of £20 per match. Then it was hoped that ladies and colts would play the following year, with the hope that enough enthusiasm would be generated in time to reestablish a Four Marks Cricket Club. Cllr S Thomas commented favourably on this outcome.

- Tennis. Cllr Seaton had taken on the responsibility of attempting to get funds and grants to assist the Tennis Club in replacing the fencing. He needed in principle agreement from the Parish Council for release of funds for up to £4,000 from the Benian’s Trust if required, so that together with promised funds from both District Councillors and hopefully the County Councillor, together with funds already held, he could put this against money being requested. It was proposed, in principle, by Cllr Tim Brake, and seconded by Cllr S Thomas, and agreed by majority vote, that he could use a portion of the Benian’s Trust as a guarantee to request grants from other sources.

The Clerk also advised that the Landscape Group had come back with a counter offer of £6 per lift, and asked if the Parish Council were agreeable to signing the contract and agreeing to the £1 per lift increase. The Clerk felt that staying with the Landscape Group would be beneficial, and therefore it was RESOLVED to sign the agreement and agree to the re-submitted proposed increase.

The Clerk was also delighted to announce that the Parish Council Teenage Assault Course project had been voted in second place and therefore would be the recipient of £10,000.00. The Clerk was thanked for her assistance with securing this award.

16.48 FINANCE  The Clerk apologised that it had not been possible to send out a reconciled set of accounts by the start time of the meeting as the bank account had only been received that day. A reconciled copy of the receipts and payments for the month ending 29th February 2016 was circulated at the meeting, together with the transactions to date.

It was RESOLVED to agree the accounts as presented.

Cllr Seaton referred to the grant to Streetwatch and asked if they could come to a Parish Council meeting and update the members of their current situation. The Clerk agreed to contact Mr Bonter.

 As per our current Financial Regulations, a Councillor who is not a bank signatory or a member of the Finance & GP Committee should be checking and signing off the bank reconciliations each month. It was agreed to wait until the May meeting when all appointments are decided to designate a Councillor to take on this task.

At 8.35pm Cllr Jackson entered the meeting.

At 8.40pm Cllr I Thomas entered the meeting.

16.49 CORRESPONDENCE/PARISH NOTICES  It was agreed that a December meeting should be re-instated on the schedule, however due to the third Wednesday’s proximity to Christmas, it was suggested that the December meeting should take place on the second Wednesday, and the Clerk should book the Village Hall accordingly, however should the Village Hall not be available, Cllr Foster agreed to check if there would be a room available at the Church.

It was also agreed that the Open Space meetings should continue monthly, and the Finance Meetings should be held quarterly on the second Wednesday or as appropriate.

 Unfortunately the CAB representative had not been able to attend the meeting, but after discussion it was RESOLVED to approve a grant of £1,000, and that this should be taken into consideration when budget preparations are made for the next financial year and budgeted for accordingly. However, it was agreed that the representative should still come to the meeting and advise members how this would be spent and give more detail on their services and any further information on how Four Marks people had benefitted.

 Late correspondence :

The Clerk had been asked if the Parish Council would grant permission for a collection to take place at Oak Green for Christian Aid Week, on Saturday 21st May, this was agreed.

16.50 DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT

Cllr D Jackson reported that following the Council meeting in February, the District Council had decreased the Council Tax bill by 2%. The Neighbourhood Plan had been adopted and the Steering Group had been commended, and the referendum had been confirmed for 5th May 2016.

Cllr Jackson reported she had sat in the Ward Councillors chair at the Planning Committee on two occasions on the past month for reserved matters for both the Lymington Barns application and the 1-3 Gloucester Close and following clarification of the rather grey area surrounding what actually constituted Commencement of Works, it was hoped that the conditions from now on would be more clear cut.

Commencement of works at the Friars Oak development had been delayed until preconditions are met.

Cllr Seaton queried who pays for the publicity of the Neighbourhood Plan and the Referendum, and how was it done. It was confirmed that EHDC calls the referendum and are responsible for its publicity.

Cllr Ingrid Thomas circulated the following report below prior to meeting.

Much of my time this month has been spent on highways issues. I attended another meeting in Winchester organised by Mark Kemp Gee to discuss the looming problems of four large building sites possibly working at the same time on our small roads and lanes. We were presented with a report which had been commissioned by Hampshire Highways looking at the effect on the junctions onto the A31.

The results came as no surprise to Roy and I as we have been saying for some time now that the junctions at Boyneswood Road and Lymington Bottom Road will not be able to cope.

Highways department are now going to look at possible solutions, some of those mentioned in the report are nonsensical but we made our views very clear. Unfortunately the 75 houses to be built by Cala homes at Lymington Bottom Road were omitted from the report so the numbers have to be redone after which we can discuss the proposals properly and in detail in consultation with the community.

Part of the report also looked at possible solutions to the safety of pedestrians on Boyneswood Road Bridge. No permanent solution has been found but there are negotiations taking place to build a separate pedestrian bridge, let's hope that the Watercress Line appreciate the dangers and are reasonable. EHDC have stated and discussed with the WLG (the developer of the 80 homes behind Friars Oak) that there will be a raised kerb over the bridge to protect pedestrians and WLG have agreed to this interim solution. This is supported by Mark Kemp Gee despite highways officers’ apparent acceptance of a virtual footpath. Safety of residents is paramount.

Road safety issues are also being discussed at the Shrave. There are planning applications for two more housing sites in back gardens along there. Angela Glass who is EHDC Planning Portfolio Holder and I have written to Hampshire Highways in strong terms requesting that they should as a matter of urgency work to make the access to the Shrave safer.

This month saw the reserved matters passed for both the 69 homes at Lymington Barns we will now be discussing the conditions with Miller Homes. The 10 at Gloucester Close were also accepted, whilst we might not like this site and fear for what will happen to wildlife marooned in the SINC there was little choice once the outline permission was granted.

We are nearing the end of building on the land north of Brislands Lane, I have attended many liaison group meetings which seem to have been of value, groups will also be formed for other sites in the villages. The last houses seem to look particularly huge and out of place dominating the smaller houses in Brislands Lane, Officers have checked levels against original plans, sadly all the Officers involved in the original decision have now left.



Pages:   || 2 |


Similar works:

«BRIEFING PAPER Number 7535, 26 April 2016 Direct taxes: rates and By Antony Seely allowances 2016/17 Inside: 1. Rates and thresholds 2. Income tax allowances 3. Income tax – other allowances & reliefs 4. Other direct taxes 5. Budget 2016 announcements for 2017/18 6. Main personal income tax rates & allowances since 1990/91 www.parliament.uk/commons-library | intranet.parliament.uk/commons-library | papers@parliament.uk | @commonslibrary Number 7535, 26 April 2016 2 Contents Summary 3 1. Rates...»

«Integrated Solutions Annual Report Annual Repor t Re FLUOR CORPOR ATION (N YSE: FLR) is one of the llargest professional ser vices firms CO I (N FL on of th a pr se fir providing engineering, procurement, construction, fabrication and modularization, commissioning pro engineering, procurement onst uct on, abri mod ari on, omm oni and maintenance, and project management ser vices on a global basis. Fluor, through its operating ma an pr ma se on gl ba Fl th it op subsidiaries, is an integrated...»

«Abhishek Sarkar Jadavpur University THOMAS DEKKER AND THE SPECTRE OF UNDERWORLD JARGON Abstract My paper seeks to locate Thomas Dekker’s handling of underworld jargon at the interface of oral and literary cultures. The paper briefly looks at a play co-authored by Dekker and then examines two ‘‘coney-catching pamphlets” by him to see how he tries to appropriate cant or criminal lingo (necessarily an oral system) as an aesthetic/commercial programme. In these two tracts (namely, The...»

«United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit 01-1201 SPECIAL DEVICES, INC., Plaintiff-Appellee, v. OEA, INC., Defendant-Appellant. Robert M. Taylor, Jr., Lyon & Lyon LLP, of Irvine, California, argued for plaintiff-appellee. On the brief were Robert C. Weiss and Thomas J. Brindisi, of Los Angeles, California. Edward F. O’Connor, Stradling, Yocca, Carlson & Rauth, of Newport Beach, California, argued for defendant-appellant. Appealed from: United States District Court for the Central...»

«TUESDAY, APRIL 21, 2015 4:00PM-7:00PM EARLY REGISTRATION WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, 2015 7:00AM-12:00PM–PLENARY SESSIONS 7:00AM-4:30PM REGISTRATION DESK OPEN 7:00AM-8:30AM OPENING OF EXHIBIT HALL AND CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WITH EXHIBITORS Kidney Paired Donation (KPD) Session overview TBD Mark Aeder, M.D. Associate Professor of Surgery, University Hospital of Cleveland, OH 7:00AM-8:00AM Vice Chair, OPTN/UNOS Kidney Transplantation Committee Ruthanne Leishman, RN, M.P.H. KPD Program Director, United...»

«GOVERNING THE GLOBAL COMMONS: HOW UNSR ANAYA’S STUDY ON EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES CAN INFORM A NEW GLOBAL HUMAN RIGHTS REGULATORY REGIME FOR TRANSNATIONAL CONSERVATION NGOS OPERATING ON OR NEAR INDIGENOUS TERRITORIES Gina Cosentino* TABLE OF CONTENTS I. INTRODUCTION II. INDIGENOUS PEOPLES AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF A GLOBAL VOLUNTARYCOMPLIANCE HUMAN RIGHTS REGIME FOR EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES. 214 III. EMERGENT FRONTIERS IN GOVERNING THE GLOBAL INDIGENOUS “COMMONS”: THE NEED FOR A GLOBAL REGULATORY...»

«                  Lincoln University Digital Thesis      Copyright Statement  The digital copy of this thesis is protected by the Copyright Act 1994 (New Zealand).  This thesis may be consulted by you, provided you comply with the provisions of the Act  and the following conditions of use:  you will use the copy only for the purposes of research or private study   ...»

«Seminar-Report 9412 on Active Database System Alex Buchmann Sharma Chakravarthy Klaus Dittrich Technische Hochschule Darmstadt University of Florida Universit¨t Z¨rich au March 21–25, 1994, Schloß Dagstuhl List of paritcipants: Elena Baralis, Politecnico di Torino, Italy Daniel Barbar´, Matsushita Information Technology Lab., Princeton, USA Renato Barrera, Intergraph Corporation, Huntsville, USA Rudolf Bayer, TU M¨nchen, Germany u Mikael Berndtsson, U of Sk¨vde, Sweden o Mokrane...»

«CRAFTING THE “SHE-DOCTOR”: HENRY JAMES’ DR. MARY J. PRANCE By Yeo Ju Choi Thesis Submitted to the Faculty of the Graduate School of Vanderbilt University in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of MASTER OF ARTS in English August, 2006 Nashville, Tennessee Approved: Jay Clayton Dana Nelson TABLE OF CONTENTS Chapter Page I. INTRODUCTION..1 II. MIDWIFERY AND BEYOND..5 III. NARRATIVIZING THE WOMAN DOCTOR..13 IV. DR. MARY J. PRANCE..16 V. DR. SOPHIA JEX-BLAKE..23 NOTES...25...»

«EXCERPTED FROM Governing Africa’s Changing Societies: Dynamics of Reform edited by Ellen M. Lust and Stephen N. Ndegwa Copyright © 2012 ISBN: 978-1-58826-834-1 hc 1800 30th Street, Ste. 314 Boulder, CO 80301 USA telephone 303.444.6684 fax 303.444.0824 This excerpt was downloaded from the Lynne Rienner Publishers website www.rienner.com Contents Acknowledgments vii 1 The Challenges of Governance in Africa’s Changing Societies Ellen M. Lust and Stephen N. Ndegwa 2 The Democracy-Governance...»

«Deciding Combinations of Theories ROBERT E. SHOSTAK SRI International, Menlo Park, Cahforma Abstract. A method ~sg~ven for dec~dlng formulas in combinations of unquantified first-order theories. Rather than couphng separate decision procedures for the contributing theories, the method makes use of a single, uniform procedure that minimizes the code needed to accommodate each additional theory. It ~s apphcable to theories whose semantics can be encoded within a certain class of purely equational...»

«Directory of Sport Science 6th Edition | International Council of Sport S. https://www.icsspe.org/bookshop/latest-publications-individual-publicati. Like 1 of 1 23/04/2014 2:35 PM 0 ICSSPE ISBN 0-99-006293-7 ~HUMAN KINETICS British Library Cataloguing in Publication Data A catalogue record for this book is available from the British Library Directory of Sport Science, 6th Edition All rights reserved. Except for use in a review, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a...»





 
<<  HOME   |    CONTACTS
2017 www.thesis.dislib.info - Online materials, documents

Materials of this site are available for review, all rights belong to their respective owners.
If you do not agree with the fact that your material is placed on this site, please, email us, we will within 1-2 business days delete him.